Hey- Do You Wanna Go Out With Me?

On December 27, 2010, Natalie Portman's PR team announced she was engaged to French dancer/choreographer Benjamin Millepied, whom she had met on the set of "Black Swan," which he choreographed and in which he had a small role.

Now, Natalie Portman was supposed to be my wife. She didn't know it, but she was. Needless to say, the news of her pregnancy and engagement was pretty crushing. But rather than let it break me, I decided to steel my will instead. "Never again," I said, "will I let a famous (or even semi-famous) person who I am supposed to marry slip through my fingers without at least giving myself a shot--without at least asking them out." Thus was dudeyoushoulddate.blogspot.com born. You can follow it on Twitter at @DudeUShouldDate. And if, for some strange reason, you want to email me, I can be reached at dudeyoushoulddate@gmail.com. Enjoy?

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reasons #1-3 Why You Should Go On A Date With Me, Gabrielle Anderson

Reason #1: We have so much in common: you run (professionally), and I run (decidedly not professionally).  You were an English and Political Science major in undergrad, and I was an English major and really enjoy reading Nate Silver's blog. You're from Minnesota, and I've been there twice (three times if you count a several-hour airport layover!).  We're basically doppelgangers.

Reason #2: I have a beard.  It's a pretty good look.  I'll admit that it gets a little out of control sometimes, but I would definitely trim it more regularly if you asked.

Reason #3: I'm a pretty good cook.  Not a great one (my knife skills need some work, and I'm a little timid to experiment with non-Mexican ethnic foods), but a pretty good one.  Last night I made a mean whole wheat pasta caprese salad topped with a lemon and olive oil sauce and grated parmigiano reggiano, and one of my go-tos is this eggplant pizza where the eggplant isn't a topping but replaces the bread-dough pizza base (I just blew your mind, didn't I?).  They're both pretty yummy about 85-90% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment