Hey- Do You Wanna Go Out With Me?

On December 27, 2010, Natalie Portman's PR team announced she was engaged to French dancer/choreographer Benjamin Millepied, whom she had met on the set of "Black Swan," which he choreographed and in which he had a small role.

Now, Natalie Portman was supposed to be my wife. She didn't know it, but she was. Needless to say, the news of her pregnancy and engagement was pretty crushing. But rather than let it break me, I decided to steel my will instead. "Never again," I said, "will I let a famous (or even semi-famous) person who I am supposed to marry slip through my fingers without at least giving myself a shot--without at least asking them out." Thus was dudeyoushoulddate.blogspot.com born. You can follow it on Twitter at @DudeUShouldDate. And if, for some strange reason, you want to email me, I can be reached at dudeyoushoulddate@gmail.com. Enjoy?

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Reason #9 Why You Should Go On A Date With Me, Regina Spektor

Reason #9: I own the complete Blue Planet and Planet Earth series on DVD.  This might not matter much early on in our relationship, but it's pretty much perfect for dates three-through-five--you know, the ones where you're still in the honey moon phase and have decided you just want to make dinner at one of your apartments, split a six-pack of St. Pauli Girl, and cuddle under a blanket on the couch.  These DVDs give us a perfect excuse to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment