Hey- Do You Wanna Go Out With Me?

On December 27, 2010, Natalie Portman's PR team announced she was engaged to French dancer/choreographer Benjamin Millepied, whom she had met on the set of "Black Swan," which he choreographed and in which he had a small role.

Now, Natalie Portman was supposed to be my wife. She didn't know it, but she was. Needless to say, the news of her pregnancy and engagement was pretty crushing. But rather than let it break me, I decided to steel my will instead. "Never again," I said, "will I let a famous (or even semi-famous) person who I am supposed to marry slip through my fingers without at least giving myself a shot--without at least asking them out." Thus was dudeyoushoulddate.blogspot.com born. You can follow it on Twitter at @DudeUShouldDate. And if, for some strange reason, you want to email me, I can be reached at dudeyoushoulddate@gmail.com. Enjoy?

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reasons #3 And #4 Why You Should Go On A Date With Me, Regina Spektor

Reason #3: You're Russian, and I appreciate other cultures. Like this one time when I lived in San Diego, I went out to a tequila bar on Cinco de Mayo and appreciated Mexican culture so hard that I had to get off my bike and puke on my way to the bus stop that got me to school the next morning.  So I feel like I really get the significance that holiday holds for all Mexicans (and, by extension, the significance that all holidays hold for all of the "other") is what I'm saying.

Reason #4: One of the defining characteristics of your music is that you're fascinated by the sounds you can make with your voice.    One of the defining characteristics of my life is that I'm fascinated by the sound of my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment